"OMG! All of these clothes and nothing to wear. How will I ever find an outfit in this closet and not be late?" Oh, no! What now?" Does this sound like you? Does your closet overwhelm you? Or, do you suddenly feel tired when you open your closet door? Are you close to throwing your hands up in defeat? Wait, don't give up just yet. What if there was a way to streamline your wardrobe to make your day-to-day dressing easier? There is a remedy for your closet blues, and it's called a "capsule wardrobe". Woo-hoo!
What is a Capsule Wardrobe?
A capsule wardrobe is about having a condensed, yet versatile and organized assortment of stylish and essential clothing that can be mixed and matched for different occasions. Capsule wardrobes will vary from person to person depending on individual style. As you know, everyone is different and so is their style.
Another benefit of a capsule wardrobe is that you'll never again have to feel as though you have nothing to wear — now, your closet will only house clothing and accessories that can easily be paired together to create a stylish look for any occasion quickly and seamlessly.
How Do I Create a Capsule Wardrobe?
Okay, so this project can be taken on in a time-consuming mindset or a fun mindset, whatever works for you to get through "the dreaded closet".
Although plain white tees, versatile shoes, and outerwear are obviously great places to start, style and fashion are emerging this summer with a fresh agenda, and comfort is at the style forefront. So if you're not sure where or how to begin updating your arsenal with the "latest and new" essentials for 2021, the items listed should act as a perfect primer.
It doesn't matter if you just want to clean out your closet and start from scratch, or if you want to organize and step up how to mix and match what you already have, consider OpenWardrobe Inc, an online community based on digital wardrobes. Sounds cool, right? It's where the overwhelmed can create and maintain a digital wardrobe, share it with friends, connect with like-minded fashionistas, learn, network, and gain inspiration from other influencers and stylists while establishing connections with a larger fashion ecosystem.
Some Tips for Your Capsule Wardrobe
- Try on Everything — Whatever items you choose to keep should compliment your body and be comfortable. Remember, everyone's body is shaped differently, so finding the right items that accentuate your body's form while still being comfortable is important.
- Consider Neutral Colors — Every capsule needs to have a starting foundation, and neutral colors can acquire that. More often than not, colors are trendy and can make some items look and feel dated. Sticking with neutral colors is a plus because neutral is timeless and hardly ever goes out of style.
- Buy Essential Pieces that are High-Quality — Your capsule items should be things that will never go out of style. So think high-quality outerwear, shoes, tops, and bottoms that can last for many years, and remain trendy. The goal is to declutter, and save money. Trendy, high-quality pieces will eliminate the need to continually replace clothing that is of lower quality.
What are the Benefits of a Capsule Wardrobe?
Creating a capsule collection that "Essential-ly" works for you will give you a confidence boost when you're getting ready in the morning, as well as allowing you to find your personal style for the day effortlessly. Some great benefits of a capsule wardrobe include:
- Versatility: A capsule wardrobe should be versatile so that you can mix and match your outfits for years to come, but feel like you're choosing something fresh and new.
- Simplicity: Your versatile capsule wardrobe with all its reliable basics and essentials will save you time when getting dressed, and you no longer have to deal with decision fatigue.
- Longevity: Even if styles change over time, a capsule wardrobe will function with any new fads or style trends. Think of your capsule wardrobe collection as an investment with timeless garments that can be revamped for years to come.
10 Essential Pieces for a Functional Capsule Wardrobe
The majority of the items within this capsule wardrobe work for male, female, and non-binary dressers. Use this list as a guide when shopping for your own wardrobe essentials.
- A leather jacket
- Button-up shirts
- A good-fitting suit
- A great piece of outerwear
- Denim — Denim is easy to dress up and dress down
- A belt — Look for something that you know you'll wear for years.
- Knitwear — You only need two pieces: Consider one cardigan and one pullover.
- Footwear — If you're a high heel lady, go for a neutral color, and if your preference is sneakers, black is perfect because it goes with almost everything in your closet.
- Dress: Keep it super simple in a little black dress that's classic and made of satin.
Are you ready to unleash your inner fashionista and start your digital wardrobe? Are you excited to finally be able to create outfits by mixing and matching what you have in your capsule wardrobe? OpenWardrobe is just what you need, so go ahead and join our list today and be among the first to be notified when we provide updates. In the meantime, check out our blog over here.